Friday, February 6, 2009

My Atrocious Sem-Break

After the long hard exam, I finally get some freedom away from one of the most boring thing to do in the world which is to study. Freedom, can be anything to anyone but in short, even an idiot would know freedom means escape from things you don't want to do and to do things you want to do.

Well that wasn't the case for me. Poor me have been slaving for the whole month of December working double shifts almost everyday. With my poor math, its almost 14 hours (plus minus, depending on season) of work daily for 1 month duration. I couldn't even game for 14 hours each day, what more to say to work. With pressure from crowds, sometimes being scolded or shown face. Wow, that's hard. And mind you that, even since people know that I works in the cinema, I'm getting call frequently. No offence but its okay to help close friends, relatives or buddies to get some nice seatings. But heck to those hi-bye friends or acquaintances. Those whom I have NO CONTACT with, whom I do not have their numbers, whom I have not heard from for a long long time suddenly contact me to seek help. It's really bullshit. It all goes to the left side. !@$%!$%#$!@

Next, to brief about my work place. In the morning is at TGV cinemas while the night shift is at Canopy Beverage and Dine. Not bad of an experience. TGV has been my employer for 3 months before I entered Uni, therefore nothing much there. Some old staffs and many new staffs. At first, I was kinda quiet but it went on well. Got to know many new friends. Also noticed some bad qualities inside of me that needs to be changed, or shall I say repaired. "It" could be malicious. Overall, nothing special just routine work everyday.

Canopy, I would say it is a new experience. As a bartender, I learned a few tricks from my buddy MengMing. Its really fun to experiment around with stuff and try out the taste. Gives a fresh sense of satisfaction. I also had the chance to indulge in the F&B line, I got to draft draught beer, got to taste it, making sauces, pizzas and sausages. To be frank, I once had a dream to become a cook but my body just can't agree with heat or hot temperatures. But it was indeed a nice try though my first one failed. I also learned how to play pool which is very very very FUN!!! YEAH!!! In conjunction with Chinese New Year, I got lots of Angpau in Canopy, made new friends, tiu-ed new people, heard alot of new funny jokes, saw alot of rich people, served alot of customers and broke alot of glasses. And believe me, you don't even want to wash the glasses here. [pictures will be available in my next blog]

Well, because of work I missed my girlfriend's birthday, christmas, new year, chinese new year, hanging out with family & friends, and 2 weeks of classes. Fact that I do get paid doesn't really compensate because I EARNED it. I did not sit there and got paid. I worked real tired and hard for it. And the fact that when i'm tired, it changes my facial expression to something really scary and disgusting and annoying. Then I get real frustrated and I blow my temper on customers/colleague. Really sorry for that. That's the 2 places I spent most of my 2 months time in.

Now, few days after loosing the lifestyle, going back into my study mode. I figured that it is time well spent. At least I am left with some extra cash. And I sincerely wish that my buddy, MengMing will enjoy his homestay at Canopy. Cheers! May the glasses be with you! :)

No comments: